firefox 1.0.3 and User Agent Switcher causes problems

Like a good little geek, I upgraded to Firefox 1.0.3 when it was released. All was well except for links that used JavaScript to pop up a new window.  They didn’t do anything but leave a hung firefox.exe process on my Windows machine (I didn’t check on Ubuntu Linux yet).

After some searching on the mozillaZine forums, I found this thread which mentioned that people running the User Agent Switcher extension had this problem and fixed it by uninstalling it. I did that on mine and sure enough, it works.

Thanks, mozillaZine forums!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s